Twin Buildings and Applications to S-Arithmetic Groups (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
4.7 of 5
Springer; 1996 edition (December 5, 1996)
This book is addressed to mathematicians and advanced students interested in buildings, groups and their interplay. Its first part introduces - presupposing good knowledge of ordinary buildings - the theory of twin buildings, discusses its group-theoretic background (twin BN-pairs), investigates geometric aspects of twin buildings and applies them to determine finiteness properties of certain S-arithmetic groups. This application depends on topological properties of some subcomplexes of spherical buildings. The background of this problem, some examples and the complete solution for all "sufficiently large" classical buildings are covered in detail in the second part of the book.
Download Twin Buildings and Applications to S-Arithmetic Groups (Lecture Notes in Mathematics) by Peter Abramenko free
Related pdf eBooks
- Re-Architecture: Old Buildings - New Uses
- The English Buildings Book
- Planning and Environmental Criteria for Tall Buildings (Monograph on planni ...
- AIA Guide to the Twin Cities: The Essential Source on the Architecture of M ...
- Lighting of Buildings
- The Engineering Aesthetics of Tall Buildings
- Discovering Timber-framed Buildings
- Buildings of the Cotswolds