Rudyard Kipling: Something of Myself and Other Autobiographical Writings
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
3.6 of 5
Cambridge University Press (June 29, 1990)
History & Criticism
- 1240 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1297 downloads at 25 mb/s
Rudyard Kipling's autobiography, Something of Myself, was the author's last work, but it has not received the serious attention it deserves. Thomas Pinney's edition of the work, supplemented by other autobiographical pieces, aims to change that. Professor Pinney, a leading textual editor currently engaged on Kipling's letters, has consulted the available source material relating to Something of Myself. He has constructed an outline of the book's composition; described the history of its publication; established a text and a set of variants; and given a critical account of the book's design and its main themes. His annotations to the work (and to the supplementary pieces) identify references and allusions, and provide a biographical context against which Kipling's selections, omissions, and distortions may clearly be seen. The extent to which Kipling's description of his life failed to match what actually happened is extraordinary. Two of the additional items presented here (Kipling's Indian diary of 1885 and the illustrations he made for his autobiographical story, 'Baa Baa, Black Sheep') are previously unpublished. Pinney shows how they, and other forms of autobiographical writing, reflect upon or complicate the narrative of Something of Myself. This carefully prepared edition sheds new light on Kipling as a man and writer.
Download Rudyard Kipling: Something of Myself and Other Autobiographical Writings by Rudyard Kipling free
Related pdf eBooks
- RUDYARD KIPLING: SOMETHING OF MYSELF AND OTHER AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL WRITINGS
- Kipling's Kingdom: Twenty-Five of Rudyard Kipling's Best Indian Stories-Kno ...
- Rudyard Kipling: The Complete Verse
- Just So Stories
- Captain Courageous - A Story Of The Grand Banks
- Rudyard Kipling: Selected Works, Deluxe Edition
- Rudyard Kipling's Verse: Inclusive Edition, 1885-1918 (1919)
- Just So Stories (Rudyard Kipling Centenary Editions)
- The Jungle Books (Signet classics)
- The Elephant's Child: From The Just So Stories (Rabbit Ears: A Classic Tale ...