Criss & Cross: Design from Switzerland 1860-2007
Ariana Pradal, Köbi Gantenbein
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
5.0 of 5
La Bibliothèque des Arts; Bilingual edition (July 1, 2007)
Decorative Arts & Design
- 1621 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1739 downloads at 25 mb/s
From Le Corbusier to the Helvetica font, Switzerland has produced some of the most influential product and graphic design of the twentieth century. This sleek volume collects the best examples spanning from the early twentieth century (tiny slippers with pom-poms attached, made for little girls in the 1930s) to 2007 (Peter Müller's most recent avant garde fashion collection). One chapter is devoted to things that are "Small and Beautiful," like a 1926 pocket watch by Movado or the 2006 MX Revolution Logitech computer mouse, while others collect "Tiny Helpers" like the series of Swiss bank notes produced in 1997. In "Up to the Mountains" we find snowboards, chalets, avalanche dogs and other high-design rescue equipment, and in "The Longsellers," we get to classics like the Swiss army knife, an iconic vegetable peeler and Le Corbusier's famous LC1 1928 armchair. An extremely sexy book packed with great visuals and truly pertinent information.
Download Criss & Cross: Design from Switzerland 1860-2007 by Ariana Pradal, Köbi Gantenbein free
Related pdf eBooks
- Le Corbusier Le Grand (w/Cardboard Packaging) (English and French Edition)
- Graphic Design in the Mechanical Age: Selections from the Merrill C. Berman ...
- Le Corbusier Redrawn: The Houses
- A Bell for Ursli: A Story from the Engadine in Switzerland
- Design Museum of the 20th-century Design
- Target Switzerland: Swiss Armed Neutrality in World War ll
- Vintage Fashion: Collecting and Wearing Designer Classics, 1900-1990
- The Radical Right in Switzerland: Continuity and Change, 1945-2000
- Swiss Banks and Jewish Souls
- Cities of Tomorrow: An Intellectual History of Urban Planning and Design in ...