Romare Bearden in Black-And-White: Photomontage Projections, 1964
Gail Gelburd, Thelma Golden, Albert Murray, Whitney Museum of American Art at Philip Morris
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
4.1 of 5
Whimsical Wades / Whitney Museum of American Art; 1st edition (January 1997)
- 1294 downloads at 24 mb/s
Published to accompany a travelling exhibition of his work, this volume is devoted to the photomontages of Romare Bearden (1914-1988), and considers their relation both to the rest of his oeuvre and to African-American art and culture. Bearden began creating these works in 1963 by incorporating images from magazines and other sources into montages and then photostatically enlarging them. These "projections", as he called them, marked his turn from pure abstraction to the medium of collage, which grew out of his concern with civil-rights issues. The catalogue reproduces in colour all 25 photomontages, and complements them with essays. It also includes previously unpublished poems by Bearden and an interview with his friend and collaborator, Albert Murray.
Download Romare Bearden in Black-And-White: Photomontage Projections, 1964 by Gail Gelburd, Thelma Golden, Albert Murray, Whitney Museum of American Art at Philip Morris free
Related pdf eBooks
- The Black Artist in America
- The Solution to Tesla's Secrets and the Soviet Tesla Weapons/Reference Arti ...
- Conversations with August Wilson (Literary Conversations Series)
- French exhibition pieces, 1844-78,: Victoria and Albert Museum;
- Albert Oehlen: I Will Always Champion Good Painting/I Will Always Champion ...
- Edward Ruscha Los Angeles Apartments
- Lorna Simpson (Contemporary Artists)
- Public Art for Public Schools
- The New American Abstraction 1950-1970
- Black Conservatism: Essays in Intellectual and Political History (Crosscurr ...