Americapedia: Taking the Dumb Out of Freedom
Aimed at teens who want to know more about the day-to-day workings of the U.S. government, this unique blend of humor and information is a cross between a textbook and a satire.
A crash course for understanding critical events in America and the world, it touches upon a variety of topics―historical and current―and explains how they unfolded and why they are important in the political and governmental arenas. Funny and intelligent writing, very reminiscent of the Daily Show, provides insight into the American electoral system, the world economy, the role religion plays in world conflicts, and America's place in world. The final chapter provides information about how to get involved.
Authors will have a Web site dedicated to the book where information can be updated, teens can read more and find out ways to get involved, can join online discussions, and speak their minds about the issues.
- Global Health Care: Issues and Policies
- America's Changing Role in the World-System
- The School as a Safe Haven
- The Two Churches: Catholicism and Capitalism in the World System
- Unlocking the Secrets of the Fed
- Live Aware, Not in Fear: The 411 After 9-11, A Book for Teens
- Digital Information Contexts: Theoretical Approaches to Understanding Digit ...
- Us Elections Today (2Nd Edn) (Politics Today MUP)
- The World Trade Organization: Changing Dynamics in the Global Political Eco ...
- Many Peoples, Many Faiths: Women and Men in the World Religions (7th Editio ...