Essays In Decision Making: A Volume in Honour of Stanley Zionts
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
3.7 of 5
Springer (January 21, 1997)
- 1817 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1349 downloads at 25 mb/s
The pioneering study by Bowman [1980) reawakened interest in risk and return relations in the strategic management literature. We do not examine this literature here because we have elsewhere reviewed it in detail 1 and because, for the most part, these studies have been confined to ex post data. Discussions of the strategies which subjects used to direct their ex ante evaluations of risks and returns have either been omitted or else have been only indirectly inferred from ex post data. In addition, with few exceptions, this literature does not attempt to ascertain the meanings that might have been assigned by subjects to terms like "risk" and/or the "returns" with which they have been concerned. Even fewer of these studies have attempted to ascertain how the subjects implemented their definitions en of prospective strategies. Thus, tius literature may route to arriving at evaluations best be regarded as bearing only indirect relations to the present study which is concerned not only with the meanings assigned to terms like "risk" and "return" but also with how these terms are used in arriving at risk and return evaluations of proposed strategies as well as how they are measured and used, on an ex ante basis en route to seeing how these evaluations match with ex post performance. In a sense, one part of this study--i. e.
Download Essays In Decision Making: A Volume in Honour of Stanley Zionts free
Related pdf eBooks
- Tactical Investing: Strategies for Getting the Most Out of Your Money
- Risk Arbitrage
- Risk Management for Security Professionals
- Practical Program Evaluations: Getting From Ideas To Outcomes
- Market-Neutral Investing: Long/Short Hedge Fund Strategies
- The Handbook of Interest Rate Risk Management
- The Handbook of Asset/Liability Management: State-of-the-Art Investment Str ...
- Options: Perception and Deception. Position Disection, Risk Analysis and De ...
- Handbook for Environmental Risk Decision Making: Values, Perceptions, and E ...
- Project Manager's Spotlight on Risk Management