Numerical Regularization for Atmospheric Inverse Problems (Springer Praxis Books)
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
4.8 of 5
Springer; 2010 edition (September 8, 2010)
The retrieval problems arising in atmospheric remote sensing belong to the class of the - called discrete ill-posed problems. These problems are unstable under data perturbations, and can be solved by numerical regularization methods, in which the solution is stabilized by taking additional information into account. The goal of this research monograph is to present and analyze numerical algorithms for atmospheric retrieval. The book is aimed at physicists and engineers with some ba- ground in numerical linear algebra and matrix computations. Although there are many practical details in this book, for a robust and ef?cient implementation of all numerical algorithms, the reader should consult the literature cited. The data model adopted in our analysis is semi-stochastic. From a practical point of view, there are no signi?cant differences between a semi-stochastic and a determin- tic framework; the differences are relevant from a theoretical point of view, e.g., in the convergence and convergence rates analysis. After an introductory chapter providing the state of the art in passive atmospheric remote sensing, Chapter 2 introduces the concept of ill-posedness for linear discrete eq- tions. To illustrate the dif?culties associated with the solution of discrete ill-posed pr- lems, we consider the temperature retrieval by nadir sounding and analyze the solvability of the discrete equation by using the singular value decomposition of the forward model matrix.
Download Numerical Regularization for Atmospheric Inverse Problems (Springer Praxis Books) by Adrian Doicu free
Related pdf eBooks
- Regularization of Ill-Posed Problems by Iteration Methods (Mathematics and ...
- Matrix Methods in Data Mining and Pattern Recognition (Fundamentals of Algo ...
- Discrete Iterations: A Metric Study (Springer Series in Computational Mathe ...
- An Introduction to the Mathematical Theory of Inverse Problems (Applied Mat ...
- Introduction to Matrix Computations (Computer Science and Applied Mathemati ...
- Theory and Practice of Geophysical Data Inversion: Proceedings of the 8th I ...
- A Unified Approach to Interior Point Algorithms for Linear Complementarity ...
- Tensor Spaces and Numerical Tensor Calculus (Springer Series in Computation ...
- Particulate Discrete Element Modelling: A Geomechanics Perspective (Applied ...
- Numerical Analysis 1995 (Chapman & Hall/CRC Research Notes in Mathemati ...