A Critical Rationalist Aesthetics. (Schriftenreihe Zur Philosophie Karl R. Poppers Und Des Kriti)
Joseph Agassi, Ian Jarvie
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
3.8 of 5
Rodopi (February 5, 2008)
- 1493 downloads at 24 mb/s
This book is a first attempt to cover the whole area of aesthetics from the point of view of critical rationalism. It takes up and expands upon the more narrowly focused work of E. H. Gombrich, Sheldon Richmond, and Raphael Sassower and Louis Ciccotello. The authors integrate the arts into the scientific world view and acknowledge that there is an aesthetic aspect to anything whatsoever. They pay close attention to the social situatedness of the arts. Their aesthetics treats art as emerging from craft in the form of luxurious and playful challenge to the audience. In developing it they place emphasis on the number of questions and claims that can be settled by appeal to empirical facts; on the historical character of aesthetic judgements; and on the connection of aesthetic truth to true love and true friendship, i.e. fidelity and integrity, not to informative truth.
Download A Critical Rationalist Aesthetics. (Schriftenreihe Zur Philosophie Karl R. Poppers Und Des Kriti) by Joseph Agassi, Ian Jarvie free
Related pdf eBooks
- The Aesthetics Of Human Environments
- Aesthetics and Morality (Bloomsbury Aesthetics)
- Experience as Art: Aesthetics in Everyday Life (Suny Series in Philosophy) ...
- Aesthetics and Arts Education
- Nature, Aesthetics, and Environmentalism: From Beauty to Duty
- The Bloomsbury Anthology of Aesthetics
- Wordsworth's Revisionary Aesthetics
- Henry David Thoreau's Aesthetics: A Modern Approach to the World (European ...
- Philosophical Aesthetics: An Introduction
- Philosophies of Art and Beauty: Introducing Aesthetics