Optical Imaging and Spectroscopy
- 1759 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1589 downloads at 25 mb/s
This is the first text to present an integrated view of the optical and mathematical analysis tools necessary to understand computational optical system design. It presents the foundations of computational optical sensor design with a focus entirely on digital imaging and spectroscopy. It systematically covers:
Coded aperture and tomographic imaging
Sampling and transformations in optical systems, including wavelets and generalized sampling techniques essential to digital system analysis
Geometric, wave, and statistical models of optical fields
The basic function of modern optical detectors and focal plane arrays
Practical strategies for coherence measurement in imaging system design
The sampling theory of digital imaging and spectroscopy for both conventional and emerging compressive and generalized measurement strategies
Measurement code design
Linear and nonlinear signal estimation
The book concludes with a review of numerous design strategies in spectroscopy and imaging and clearly outlines the benefits and limits of each approach, including coded aperture and imaging spectroscopy, resonant and filter-based systems, and integrated design strategies to improve image resolution, depth of field, and field of view.
Optical Imaging and Spectroscopy is an indispensable textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses in optical sensor design. In addition to its direct applicability to optical system design, unique perspectives on computational sensor design presented in the text will be of interest for sensor designers in radio and millimeter wave, X-ray, and acoustic systems.
- Electro-Optical Imaging System Performance (PM187) (Spie Press Monograph)
- Aberrations of Optical Systems (Series in Optics and Optoelectronics)
- Terahertz Spectroscopy and Imaging (Springer Series in Optical Sciences)
- Design of Integrated Circuits for Optical Communications
- Physiology and Function from Multidimensional Images (Medical Imaging 1998)
- Standards for Electronic Imaging Technologies, Devices, and Systems: Procee ...
- Single Molecule Spectroscopy and Imaging II (Proceedings of Spie)
- 002: Applied Optics and Optical Design, Part Two (Dover Books on Physics)
- Single-Photon Imaging (Springer Series in Optical Sciences)
- Smart Imaging Systems (SPIE Press Monograph Vol. PM91)