Human Knowing: A Prelude To Metaphysics
James W Felt S.J.
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
4.3 of 5
University of Notre Dame Press; 1 edition (September 26, 2005)
- 1626 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1295 downloads at 25 mb/s
"This fine book is ideal for introductory courses in philosophy, and it is executed and backed up by careful, sophisticated philosophical analysis and insight." —W. Norris Clarke, S.J., Fordham University Human Knowing is a clearly written, brief introduction that guides the reader through an exploration of sense perception, ordinary knowing, scientific knowing, and philosophic knowing. This journey culminates in a justification of philosophy as a genuine form of knowing and thus a natural prelude to metaphysics. Though Felt manages to avoid technical language, the development of his argument is a genuine exercise in philosophic thinking. The outcome is a contemporary expression of a position similar to that of Thomas Aquinas, significantly enriched by insights from Bergson, Whitehead, and phenomenology.
Download Human Knowing: A Prelude To Metaphysics by James W Felt S.J. free
Related pdf eBooks
- Ways of Knowing
- Knowing Me, Knowing You: Strategies for Sex Education in the Primary School
- Making Sense of Your Freedom: Philosophy for the Perplexed
- Seeing and Knowing (International Library of Philosophy)
- Three Conversations about Knowing (Hackett Philosophical Dialogues)
- Performance-Based Curriculum for Social Studies: From Knowing to Showing (F ...
- Mathematical Development in Young Children: Exploring Notations (Ways of Kn ...
- Would you Believe it?: Young Person's Guide to Knowing God
- Knowing Your Rights
- Knowing the Difference: Feminist Perspectives in Epistemology