Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
3.8 of 5
Da Capo Press (July 10, 2003)
Following the events of September 11, 2001, the world was riveted as American military power contested the legendary warrior culture of Afghanistan. By spring 2002, America began to draw down its forces, its mission accomplished: The Afghan Taliban regime has been overthrown and the terrorists it harbored were on the run. Was America's easy victory proof of its military superiority, or were the Afghans merely eyeing the newcomers as they have watched foreign armies in centuries past, knowing time is on their side?For over 2,500 years, the forbidding territory of Afghanistan has served as a vital crossroads--not just for armies but for clashes between civilizations--the Greeks, Arabs, Mongols, and Tartars, and in more recent times, Britain and Russia. Now America must face a new enemy on this land--a land that for centuries has become a graveyard of empires past.This first-ever complete military history of Afghanistan illuminates the broad historical context into which American forces have been drawn--a cautionary tale, perhaps, about the dangers that may lie ahead.
Download Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban by Stephen Tanner free
Related pdf eBooks
- Afghanistan: A Military History from Alexander the Great to the Present (Li ...
- Operation Enduring Freedom: America's Afghan War 2001 to 2002
- Afghanistan: The Labyrinth of Violence
- A History of Modern Afghanistan
- Taliban: War & Religion in Afghanistan
- Afghanistan (Witness to History)
- Historical Dictionary of Afghanistan (Historical Dictionaries of Asia, Ocea ...
- The Taliban: War and Religion in Afghanistan, Revised Edition
- Afghanistan (World's Hot Spots)
- The Taliban: War, Religion and the New Order in Afghanistan (Politics in Co ...