Intellectual Property Rights in a Fair World Trade System: Proposals for Reform of TRIPS
Annette Kur, Marianne Levin
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
3.9 of 5
Edward Elgar Pub (April 11, 2011)
- 1571 downloads at 24 mb/s
This important new book constitutes a serious examination of both the positive potential, as well as the deficiencies, of the TRIPS agreement. In the light of their analysis, the editors and their colleagues make a powerful case for wide ranging reforms. Intellectual Property (IP) law - particularly in relation to international trade regimes - is increasingly finding itself challenged by rapid developments in the technological and global economic landscapes. In its attempt to maintain a responsive legislative system that is interacting successfully with global trade rules, IP is having to respond to an increasing number of actors on an international level. This book examines the problems associated with this undertaking as well as suggesting possible revisions to the TRIPS agreement that would make it more relevant to the environment in which today's IP mechanisms are operating. The overall aim is to find an adequate response to the `IP balance dilemma'. The theme is pursued throughout various topics, including a look at what this means in relation to the economy in a country like China, and also considering how IP is increasingly having to reconcile itself with human rights issues. This book will appeal to academics, policy makers and post-graduate students in IP and international trade law, as well as related fields, such as development and human rights.
Download Intellectual Property Rights in a Fair World Trade System: Proposals for Reform of TRIPS by Annette Kur, Marianne Levin free
Related pdf eBooks
- The Global Political Economy of Intellectual Property Rights, 2nd ed: The N ...
- The Global Challenge of Intellectual Property Rights
- Intellectual Property Law in Ireland
- The World Trade Organization: Changing Dynamics in the Global Political Eco ...
- International Trade: Free, Fair, and Open? (Oecd Insights)
- Human Rights and Intellectual Property: Mapping the Global Interface
- EU Trade Barrier Regulation
- Globalisation and Labour Rights: The Conflict Between Core Labour Rights an ...
- Introduction To Intellectual Property, Theory and Practice (Yearbook of com ...
- International Encyclopaedia of Laws: Intellectual Property