Take Charge of Your Child's Eating Disorder: A Physician's Step-by-Step Guide to Defeating Anorexia and Bulimia
Pamela Carlton, Deborah Ashin
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
4.9 of 5
Marlowe & Co.; 1 edition (January 1, 2007)
- 1331 downloads at 24 mb/s
Eating disorders require a complex combination of psychological, medical, and nutritional approaches. As a parent, you are the constant guardian of your child's health, but often the best way to extend treatment from the examining room to the living room isn't clear. Take Charge of Your Child's Eating Disorder is a hands-on, medically-based guide that tells you what you need to know about eating disorders. As the founder and director of the Adolescent Eating Disorder Parent Education and Support Program at Stanford University, Dr. Pamela Carlton has treated hundreds of children and adolescents with eating disorders as well as guided their parents through the maze of eating disorder treatments. This book offers a wealth of crucial information, including: Warning signs and diagnostic criteria for anorexia, bulimia, and eating disorders not otherwise specified (EDNOS) Facts about the "hidden" eating disorder "Female Athletic Triad" A step-by-step plan for diagnosis, treatment options, and recovery support Detailed advice for putting together and successfully managing a treatment team The real story about insurance: what's covered, what's not, and how to fight the system Specific strategies for handling delicate situations, talking to your child, and accessing the most up-to-date resources
Download Take Charge of Your Child's Eating Disorder: A Physician's Step-by-Step Guide to Defeating Anorexia and Bulimia by Pamela Carlton, Deborah Ashin free
Related pdf eBooks
- Radical Recovery: A Manifesto of Eating Disorder Pride
- Coping with Eating Disorders (Overcoming Common Problems)
- Healing Your Hungry Heart: Recovering from Your Eating Disorder
- Parent's Guide to Eating Disorders: Prevention and Treatment of Anorexia Ne ...
- Eating Disorders in Children and Adolescents (Cambridge Child and Adolescen ...
- Anorexia and Bulimia: A Parent's Guide to Recognising Eating Disorders and ...
- Overcoming Eating Disorder (ED): A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment for Binge ...
- When Food's a Foe: How to Confront and Conquer Eating Disorders
- You Are Not Alone Volume 2
- Straight Talk About Eating Disorders