Forgotten Kingdom: Eight Years in Likiang (John Murray Travel Classics)
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
4.8 of 5
JOHN MURRAY PUBLISHERS LTD; New Ed edition (2002)
Writing, Research & Publishing Guides
- 1491 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1677 downloads at 25 mb/s
Peter Goullart was brought up in the Orient and spent most of his life there. This book describes his years in the ancient forgotten Chinese kingdom of Nakhi in Yunnan, by the Tibetan border, where, as a representative of the Chinese Industrial Co-operatives, he really mixed with the people. 'This is a book about paradise by a man who lived there for nine years. It is not easy to write a good book about paradise, but people are Mr. Goullart's forte, and when he mixes us up with the Nakhis he delivers us up to his idyll. Lijiang itself, fits sunlight and its flowers and its rushing waters, its wine shops and caravans, its glints of danger, its swagger and its happy laughter, is really here.'
Download Forgotten Kingdom: Eight Years in Likiang (John Murray Travel Classics) by PETER GOULLART free
Related pdf eBooks
- River of the White Lily: Life in Sarawak (Malaysian heritage series)
- Happy Chinese (Kuaile Hanyu) 3: Teacher's Book (English and Chinese Edition ...
- Book 4: Broken Ceramics
- Happy Chinese (Kuaile Hanyu) 2: Student's Book (2 CDs)
- Paradise and Inferno: aphorisms
- My village,my country (Chinese Edition)
- Mvuh Hpa Mi Hpa / Creating Heaven, Creating Earth: An Epic Myth of the Lahu ...
- Wisdom's Paradise: The Forgotten Shakers Of Union Village
- Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained (Vintage Classics)
- The Present Situation: A Christian Prepares for the Apocalypse