Assessing the young Learners' Progress: Tests
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
3.8 of 5
GRIN Publishing (July 19, 2007)
Words, Language & Grammar
- 1252 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1281 downloads at 25 mb/s
Seminar paper from the year 2005 in the subject English - Pedagogy, Didactics, Literature Studies, grade: 2,0, University of Wuppertal, course: Teaching English to very young children, 10 entries in the bibliography, language: English, abstract: In 1999, Rea-Dickens and Rixon conducted a survey about the relationship between assessment and learning. 120 European teachers and teacher trainers were asked if the main purpose of their assessment was to help their teaching, and 97% answered in the affirmative. Rea-Dickens and Rixon examined afterwards what the teachers really assessed and how they did so. They found a strong "mismatch between curricular aims, pedagogy and test content" (Cameron, Lynne.Teaching languages to very young learners. Cambridge University press.2001. page 217). The assessment focused mainly on the children's achievements but neglected on other curricular aims such as language and social awareness. The assessment of young learners should serve teaching by providing feedback on the children's learning progress, so that the content and the difficulty of subsequent teaching units can be effectively adjusted to the learners' needs. This paper offers the reader an overview about the theoretical ideas and principles which should be kept in mind when implementing an assessment. Furthermore the guidelines of lower Saxony are introduced. They illustrate the expectations of the German school system towards assessment in class. Afterwards the paper gives an overview about psycholinguistic tests such as "Blitztest" and "F-Test". Additionally, the paper answers the question of origin and purpose of the Cambridge Young Learners Test. Finally, material which should support the teacher in the efficiency assessment of the pupils is represented, considering the example of "Ginger".
Download Assessing the young Learners' Progress: Tests by Nicole Hahn free
Related pdf eBooks
- State Assessment Policy and Practice for English Language Learners: A Natio ...
- Cambridge Mathematics Assessment CD-ROM 3 Ages 9-11 Extra User (Cambridge M ...
- Evaluating and Assessing for Learning
- A Practical Guide to a Task-Based Curriculum Planning, Grammar Teaching and ...
- Functional Skills English Level 2 Teaching and Learning Resource Disk (Func ...
- Teachers, Tales and Magic Boxes Teacher's Booklet (Cambridge Storybooks)
- Teaching Ten to Fourteen Year Olds
- Learning Vocabulary in Another Language (Cambridge Applied Linguistics)
- Designing Performance Assessment Systems for Urban Teacher Preparation
- Grammar for Young Learners (Resource Books for Teachers)