The Rise of African Slavery in the Americas
ePub book size:
PDF book size:
DJVU, CB7, AZF, PDF, iBOOKS
3.5 of 5
Cambridge University Press; 1st. edition (October 28, 1999)
- 1688 downloads at 24 mb/s
- 1357 downloads at 25 mb/s
Exploring the paradox of the concurrent development of slavery and freedom in the European domains, The Rise of African Slavery in the Americas provides a fresh interpretation of the development of the English Atlantic slave system. The book outlines a major African role in the evolution of the Atlantic societies before the nineteenth century and argues that the transatlantic slave trade was a result of African strength rather than African weakness. It also addresses changing patterns of group identity to account for the racial basis of slavery in the early modern Atlantic World.
Download The Rise of African Slavery in the Americas by David Eltis free
Related pdf eBooks
- In the Shadow of Slavery: Africa’s Botanical Legacy in the Atlantic W ...
- African Voices of the Atlantic Slave Trade: Beyond the Silence and the Sham ...
- Black Ivory: History of British Slavery
- Many Thousand Gone: African-Americans from Slavery to Freedom
- Narrative of Solomon Northup: Twelve Years a Slave: An African American His ...
- The Beat Of A Drum: A Story Of African Slavery (Survivors)
- Inhuman Bondage: The Rise and Fall of Slavery in the New World
- Slow Death for Slavery: The Course of Abolition in Northern Nigeria 1897-19 ...
- African American Voices: A Documentary Reader, 1619-1877
- Slavery in the History of Muslim Black Africa